Starting May 20th
Dear Members and Guests,
The provincial government announced on Wednesday that our health care system is in crises and therefore they are implementing further measures to slow the spread of Covid-19. Starting Monday, September 20th, discretionary businesses and events must follow one of these 2 options:
- Follow business capacity and operating restrictions as outlined here or,
- Implement the Restrictions Exemption Program requiring proof of vaccination or negative test result to continue operating as usual
More details can be found here.
Aforza will be participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program. This means that starting Monday September 20, only staff and customers who meet the criteria below will be allowed to enter our facility.
- People who have proof of being fully vaccinated (2 or more doses). There is a transitional period between September 20 – October 25 where proof of a single does of vaccine will be accepted provided the dose was administered a minimum of 2 weeks before service was provided.
- People who can provide evidence of a recent negative Covid test (within 72 hours of service). This test must be paid privately and cannot come from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
- Children under the age of 12.
- People that can provide a medical exemption from taking the vaccine
Maintaining Current Covid Procedures at Aforza
Aforza will continue to enforce its current Covid-19 procedures which are:
- All staff and clients must wear masks upon entering the club, masks may be removed while engaged in physical activity.
- People are encouraged to sanitize their hands upon entering the club and after they exit the courts.
- Only people who have booked a court or lesson will be allowed in the club (no spectators). Parents of children enrolled in the ABCs program (children aged 4-5) may continue to attend the classes to help monitor their children. Spectators must provide proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test.
- This September Aforza decided to reinstate the Covid-safe Jr program procedures which include staggard entry/exit and physical distancing throughout programs. These procedures will remain in effect until further notice.
- Any person displaying symptoms of Covid-19 are asked not to enter the club.
More information on our Covid-safe procedures can be found on our website or by clicking here
We understand that these new restrictions will be an inconvenience to both the club and our customers. However, we feel that it is our duty to help keep all our staff and patrons safe when entering our facilities.
Aforza Management Team